A lot has happened since my last shower. The demolition is done. The first thing we did was scrape off those awful tiles.
Then I opened up the wall to get at the plumbing.
I was going to try to pull the old tub out in one piece, but it proved easier to break it up with a 2.5 lb hammer. My dad came over to help, and we broke (well, I broke) two hammer handles getting the tub smashed.
I ended up needing to take out a lot more wall than I had anticipated. I don't have pix of the plumbing end, but the plumber had me take out most of that wall and reframe it, which I did today.
In the pic below you can see the new vent fan, which I had the electricians install when they ran the wiring for the new tub. It's a soaking tub with a heater and recirculating pump, and required a separate 20 amp circuit for the heater and another for the pump. I had the electrician install the fan, as well, because I wanted it wired right, and I'm no electrician. Actually, I didn't want to run the wires. I figured I'd destroy the walls or something. Sometimes you really do need to call in a professional.
Here's Shelly ready to start sanding the walls before we decided we really needed a bigger sander. I'll pick that up tomorrow.
Here's me making sure the plugs will reach the outlets and being very relieved the new tub fits the alcove. It's a tight fit, but it fits.
Here I am fantasizing about tomorrow night when I really get to take a bath. This tub fits me so much better than the old one.
Here's Shelly having the same fantasy.
The plumber is coming back tomorrow to finish the pluming and connect the tub. The joint is going to be jumping, because we have windows being installed tomorrow morning, too.
Now I'm going to finish my drink and help Shelly fold laundry. See you tomorrow.