Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Menu plan (2/27/12)

I want to use up some leftovers in the freezer, so we'll be having leftovers a few nights this week.

Monday:  lamb and potato green curry leftovers. This got hotter than I remembered when we ate it last.  After dinner, we tossed the remaining leftovers out.  I know that I don't like to waste food, but I also don't want to eat something that is too much for me.

Tuesday:  French onion soup.  Jaimie suggested this.  I think it's a great idea for something warm and healthful.  It's made with onions, homemade broth, croutons, and cheese.  I've always loved eating French onion soup but gave it up for quite awhile because I could never find it unless it was made with beef broth.  It's so nice to have it homemade because we know exactly what's in it.



Wednesday:  leftover squash risotto

Thursday:  a noodle salad with leftover turkey

Friday:  pizza, with our homemade dough, sauce, and mozzarella

Saturday:  Eating with friends at their home (and a seed exchange/ordering party)

Sunday: Probably a chicken, with roasted potatoes and a veggie from the freezer.  We're having company.  I love having company.

No comments:

Post a Comment