Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu plan Monday

Yesterday, we made potato leek soup, with a couple of parsnips from last week's farmer's market.  We'll be freezing the rest for some quick meal in the future.  I really enjoy leeks and parsnips, so it was a great meal, along with some homemade bread.  My MIL has been taking over making bread, which is just fine by me because there is a lot to do with the garden and her bread is really good. 

Monday (today):  BLTs.  Except we are subbing spinach for lettuce, and I'm subbing fake bacon for real bacon, so I guess it's a F-BST.  Our tomatoes aren't ripe yet, but for some little pop-in-your mouth ones, so I picked some up at the farmer's market today (along with some carrots). 

Tuesday:  Tacos.  Homemade tortillas, salsa, and my mom's ground beef. 

Wednesday:  I told our 3-year-old that she could choose a dinner option and she suggested that we have tobacco.  I asked her if she knew what it was and she said no.  I told her that is what is in cigarettes and we were not going to have cigarettes for dinner.  So, instead, we'll have mom's choice.  I like eating what's fresh from the garden, so we'll have it over pasta.

Thursday we're leaving for a camping trip, with meals included!, so no menu planning for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment