Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate cake... mmmmmm.......

We've had a couple of birthdays around here.  Our eldest turned 3, Jaimie's birthday was today (though we had a party on Sunday) and our youngest will be turning 1.  For our 3-year-old's birthday, I made this deliciously moist chocolate cake.  I'm pretty sure that it was one of the best tasting cakes I've ever eaten.  I asked our birthday girl what she wanted for her birthday.  She said she wanted a cake.  I asked if she wanted anything else.  She wanted a present, and I asked what kind of present, and she said "a cake."  What kind of cake?  A castle cake (how convenient that we have a cast iron castle cake pan).  What flavor?  Chicken.  Well, chicken flavored cake is not that appealing to me as a baker, or a cake eater.  So we talked her into chocolate cake.  She was very satisfied with the end results, though she naturally had to grab at it before we frosted and decorated it.  You can see the finger line down the front. 


For the birthday party on Sunday, my MIL did the honors of making the birthday cake.  It was actually made with homemade brownie mix.  The Texas sheet cake recipe follows the brownie mix recipe.  I've gotta tell you, it was a hit with everyone.  I was jokingly telling my MIL that she was going to have to make a new one because I really wanted to eat the one she made before any of the guests came.

No comments:

Post a Comment