Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pumpkin recipes - clearing out the freezer

I know that it's not the season, but after spending only $25 a week in groceries for 13 weeks, and refusing to buy a lot of foods when I know I'll be getting some from my own garden soon, we have a plethora of pumpkin left in the freezer (and rhubarb, and zucchini).

A few weeks ago I saw one of my FB friends post a recipe for a pumpkin and cream cheese roll.  I couldn't find it again but I found this recipe.  With much pumpkin left even with just the one quart bag we thawed, I found this site and followed a link to this delicious looking recipe for pumpkin rotini.  I think our toddler will be helping me make this, but we'll be making the pumpkin rotini with butter rather than margarine, and chives instead of shallots.  I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment